Although a number of tips for saving electricity requires a once-off effort, as discussed in our previous energy saving tip, these once-off efforts usually cost you money.
So this week, let’s look at ways we can save electricity that don’t cost money, only a little effort and some enthusiasm. You’ll find that a couple of small lifestyle changes can save both your pocket and the environment.
You’ve heard most of the tips below, but good coaching involves repeating the basics, right? So here we go:
- Switch off lights when no one is in the room.
- Take a shower instead of running a bath. It uses less water and reduces your heating bill.
- Switch off appliances at the wall when not in use.
- Run full loads in your washing machine.
- If you have one, use your dishwasher as often as possible.
- Don’t use warm water for tasks that require a small amount of water, like a quick rinse.
Enough for now? Pick just one and have a super sustainable week.